We all suffer from dehydrated skin, especially living in L.A. The most important thing to remember is to keep your skin hydrated, as well as your body. Yet, Drinking water isn't enough for your skin. Your skin is the largest organ in the body, but the last to receive hydration from water intake. So, here are some tips to keep your skin hydrated!
Always apply moisturizer after you cleanse. Coconut oil is a great hydrating agent and your skin will thank you because it is all natural! Be careful of your store bought moisturizers because all-though they say they hydrate, in the long run the alcohol and harsh dyes they use will really dry the skin. Try taking a coconut oil bath and don't worry, it works well for a hair mask as well. Oatmeal is another good ingredient to look for with hydrating. Make an at home mask with coconut oil, oatmeal, and lime! Take two tablespoons cooked mashed oats with one tablespoon coconut oil and one tablespoon lime juice. This mask also will help lighten because of the acidity of the lime. Exfoliate to get dead debris out of your pores to allow the moisture in. Try a milk and honey based sugar scrub!! Remember to keep hydrated and keep moisturized! If you have any questions please comment and ask!
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Some simple tips to help brighten up your skin!
1. Wash your face and decollete(neck and chest area) twice every time you cleanse. Both morning and night.
2. Exfoliate your face and decollete at least twice a week! Try Protective Nourishment's blueberry scrub mask!
3. Use olive oil on your skin after your shower or bathe twice a week... yes apply on your face too!
4. Mix 1 avocado, 1 tablespoon 100%pure honey, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix well, apply to face, and leave for 15 mins! This mask is a fun and easy way to help hydrate your skin and tighten pores!
5. Try Osea Malibu's brightening serum! I swear by it!
These steps will help lead you towards a healthy and beautiful glow... and don't forget to stay hydrated, exercise, and eat right!