Thursday, April 11, 2013

Shhhhh.. Under Eye Secrets!









 Under eye problems are not just caused by lack of sleep. There are a lot of factors that can cause bags and dark circles.  It can be hereditary, caused by stress, lack of hydration, a sign of internal stressors, and more.  Trust me, I know from experience!  I have dealt with a life long struggle with my under eyes, so I know just how frustrating they can be.  People ALWAYS asking me,  'Whats wrong?'  'Are you tired?' or 'Have u been crying?'   I even had a man come up to me once and say, "You know... you would be much more attractive if you didn't look so sad all the time!!"  I mean.. come on, REALLY!! Who says that??   He clearly had problems!  But it just goes to show you that "I feel your pain sister!!"...
Here are a few ingredients to look for; tips to help target those unwanted/sad/and pesky buggers; and some DIY at home treatments!

*INGREDIENTS*
  • Green tea
  • Cucumbers
  • Coffee
  • Potato skins
  • Lemon
  • ICE
  • Almond oil
*TIPS*
The best way to treat your bags and circles is in the morning when they are most aggravated..  Usually depending on how much salt we intake the day before and sleep...  I wake up and grab 2 of my frozen cucumber slices that I keep in the freezer pre packed with saran-wrap.  I wash my face, put a serum on, and lay with the cucumbers on my eyes for 10 mins.  This is, of course, because I have that luxury of time in the morning.  If you don't have the time, you can simply use a really great eye cream with some of the above listed ingredients in them.  I have found this one eye cream that I LOVE by the line: 'Goldfaden MD.' called: 'Bright Eyes' <and not just because Conor Oberst is one of my 'boyfriends' either!>
Another option is to get one of those store bought gel eye masks that you keep in the freezer and just pop that on while you are making coffee/breakfast in the AM.  <I added a photo above so you know what to look for!>
You can even get really experimental like me and make your own treatments like freezing coffee grinds with almond oil and aloe vera water in a thick crescent-moon shape on wax paper!

*DIY*
Coffee, Almond Oil and Aloe Vera strips...
4 tablespoons coffee grounds
1 tablespoon Almond Oil
1 cup Aloe Vera juice
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
Mix together and apply to wax paper in a crescent-moon shape.
You can play with the mixture and add some almond oil if yours is not thick enough to hold the shape.
You would probably just need add another half tablespoon almond oil.

*DIY*
Green tea, lemon juice, potato juice, cucumber ice cubes...
Here is my secret little recipe:
Seep 2 green tea bags <caffeinated> for 10 mins in two cup measuring cup
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1tablespoon potato juice
Mush up half a large cucumber and add to mixture
1/2 teaspoon almond oil
1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
Mix well and disperse ingredients evenly in a nice ice tray... I like the ones that are rubber and make more of a circular cube.
Thats it!!!

*Please note that the eye is a very sensitive and delicate area.  You always want to stay in the eye bone area when treating your eye issues.  If applying ice or pads please leave 2/4 inch from bottom lid.  Don't worry, your skin is very supple and will draw the ingredients to the surrounding areas.

I promise you will love these little tricks of the trade!  And please let me know how they work.
Good Luck and please comment below if you have any questions!

2 comments:

  1. eating disorders are of course sometimes deadly because it can cause the degeneration of one’s health,. Yaldo Eye Center

    ReplyDelete